At MiniCorp we design, build and grow digital products. We don’t just build products that work, we build products that thrive. We combine the agility of a startup with the capacity of a tech giant to create apps, websites and digital experiences that both our clients and their customers love.
We don’t view our clients as customers, we view them as partners. We always strive to embed ourselves in their company and mission to truly understand their product vision and bring it to life in the most exciting ways possible.
We combine our in-house skills of strategy, design, development and growth with our client’s domain knowledge to nurture and grow products towards profitability and success.
We are enthusiastic, industry focused and extremely proud of the products that we build.
So, what’s the opportunity? 🤔
As a Product Engineer your role will involve both working with MiniCorp's clients and the internal engineering team. The role requires both a strong project management ability in order to collect, plan, delegate, and deliver exceptional work to clients and a strong engineering background as you will be expected to lead and be involved in the development of products.
Does this sound like you? 🙋
- You value teamwork and a positive team culture
- You regularly seek new and innovative ways of approaching challenges
- You like working with clients or product owners
- You may have worked in an agency
- You are an experienced engineer who has strong project management skills
- You are an experienced engineer who has product experience
- You are an experienced engineer who wants to grow as a product manager
- You are a product manager who has a strong background in engineering
- You are an enthusiastic champion of what you build
- You are an excellent communicator
- You have an excellent eye for detail
- You are unafraid to voice your opinions
What you will be doing 🚀
- Act as the project manager, being the first point of contact for communicating information from and to clients.
- Collecting requirements from clients to create work, time, and cost estimates for deliverables
- Oversee the engineering process and progress throughout any given project, making technical decisions and owning the code alongsid your team as needed.
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment both internally and on client projects.
- The project team’s milestone deliverables and timelines
- Help grow the engineering team by participating in hiring interviews and code reviews and making suggestions for process improvements.
- Deliver high-quality peer-reviewed code that follows best practices.
What skills and experience you’ll need 📖
- You have 7+ years of engineering experience with 2+ years in a lead role, ideally at a digital product agency or consultancy.
- You have strong experience in project management, including task management systems and time/output tracking against project deliverables
- You have strong experience with Front End production applications using Ruby on Rails or similar frameworks.
- You have strong experience with Back End production applications using JSON REST API methodology and at least one of these languages (Rails, Node, Java, Go, Python).
Bonus points ✨
An interest or experience in any of the following would be awesome
- iOS experience
- DevOps experience (AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud etc).
- Android experience